A cross-platform product to collect, manage, archive, process and present data from other IBM monitoring products including Omegamon XE and ITCAM for Transactions.
On non-mainframe systems, product includes facilities for monitoring operating system resources.
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server (TEMS) - Cross platform software to perform data processing and storage. Also manages communications to data collectors and TEPS. Several TEMS can operate together in a cluster. Platforms supported include Microsoft Windows, UNIX and z/OS.
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent (TEMA) - Cross platform agent managing communications between data collectors and the TEMS.
- Tivoli Enterprise Platform Server (TEPS) - Microsoft Windows/UNIX software to present the monitorng data, and receive operator requests.
- Tivoli Enterprise Platform Client - Client used to connect to a TEPS. Can be a Java client, or web browser session.
TEMS on z/OS is packaged as Tivoli Management Services (or Tivoli Monitoring Services).
Originally released by Candle in 2001 as the CandleNet Command Center. Equivalent Candle terminology for ITM components was:
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server (TEMS) - Candle Management Server (CMS)
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent (TEMA) - Candle Monitoring Agent (CMA), or Intelligent Resource Agent (IRA).
- Tivoli Enterprise Platform Server (TEPS) - CandleNet Portal Server
- Tivoli Enterprise Platform Client - CandleNet Portal, Candle Management Workstation.
Tivoli Monitoring is included with products using its services.
IBM Product IDs:
- Tivoli Monitoring V5.x Product ID: 5724-C04
- Tivoli Monitoring V6.x Product ID; 5724-C04
- Tivoli Management Services on z/OS V6.x Product ID: 5698-A79
- Tivoli Monitoring Services on z/OS V6.x Product ID: 5698-A79