In today’s complex and diverse IT environments, Adabas and Natural can help organizations meet changing IT requirements based upon their ease of integration, standards support and high degree of interoperability:
• Web-browser based applications – Natural provides capabilities to natively develop rich Web/AJAX user interfaces easily, incl. the capability to transform existing Natural green screens (Maps) to Web pages.
• Eclipse-based development environment – With NaturalONE application developers have a fully integrated suite of tools to maintain, modernize and develop Natural applications on all platforms
• With Natural Engineer it is possible to automatically analyze, redocument and reengineer existing Natural applications to improve maintainability and productivity.
• With the Adabas SQL Gateway and the Event Replicator for Adabas it is possible to share Adabas data seamlessly with relational DBMS (e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) and Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence environments.
• Various data management tools for Adabas allow DBAs to protect sensitive data, to archive or to partition data across platforms.
• Mainframe-based optimization add-ons (e.g. zIIP Enabler for Natural, Adabas Fastpath) help enterprise to save CPU or IO time without changing the application code.
• Standards support – Adabas and Natural support common manufacturer-independent standards, such as those for SQL, XML, Web Services, Java and others.
• Runs on multiple platforms – Adabas and Natural can run on different operating systems (e.g. Mainframe, UNIX, Linux, Windows) with the ability to move applications across platforms, e.g. from Mainframe to Linux.
• Wide interoperability – By leveraging webMethods integration technologies (e.g. EntireX, ApplinX, Integration Server) Natural applications can easily be connected to packaged, cloud, mobile, Java or .NET applications in a rapid and secure manner.